[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Please maintain price caps on .org domain name registration

Thomas tom at ssl.com
Thu Apr 25 14:02:43 UTC 2019

Hello,

I would like to express my opinion that the proposed idea to remove
price caps on .org domain name registration be abandoned as the
unchecked price increases would potentially restrict organizations from
finding an outlet for their views on the internet, and it may force
established entities to lose their presence on the Information
Superhighway.  In this day and age, an internet presence is as important
as (if not more so than) a physical presence. It is imperative for the
emotional and cultural growth of our nation that every voice is heard
and that ideas have a chance to naturally cultivate and grow (or decay)
without unreasonable financial pressure exerted on them.  While I am not
advocating for a free domain name registration for every citizen,
comrade, I am asking that organizations continue to be allowed the
opportunity to bootstrap themselves to stable ground on a reasonable
budget.

Thanks for your time,

Thomas Zermeno