[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Comment on Proposal Regarding Price Increase Cap

Ben Hekster heksterb at icloud.com
Thu Apr 25 14:12:44 UTC 2019

To whom it may concern—

In my opinion, removing the price cap on domain name renewal fees would be enormously detrimental to the open character of the Internet as we know it today.

It is not difficult to imagine that the ultimate effect will be the gradual disappearance of many small, volunteer-driven Web sites for whom a price increase at some level would become intolerable; at the expense of commercial operations who can easily absorb the same.

I strongly feel that this decision would have a very negative effect.

Sincerely,

Ben Hekster