[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] REJECT .org price cap removal

Larry Simms l.simms at live.com
Thu Apr 25 14:20:39 UTC 2019

Most of my domains are .com, but I run a couple of .org sites for non-profits.  Removing the price cap would be as damaging as it would be unnecessary & foolish.
Any firm that cannot control their costs & realize a profit under an agreement that allows escalation up to 10% per year (a historically huge number) cannot be trusted to manage this critical resource.
“.org” is an important badge & tool which helps the public identify organizations working for the public good.  Allowing unlimited price hikes & unlimited profits would be antithetical to the concept of the .org TLD, as well as making it unaffordable for those who use it.
This proposal is both illogical & unjustifiable.  Reject it, or simply solicit bids for a new contract…with price cap in place.
Thank you.
—Larry Simms