[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Please Don't Do This

George Schiro 98782009any at schiro.name
Thu Apr 25 14:19:05 UTC 2019

Hello,

My name is George Schiro. I manage a .ORG domain owned by a tiny
not-for-profit organization. Our organization offers low-cost automation for
the management, distribution and installation of free digital certificates
(from letsencrypt.org) for use by small server farms (also typically
non-profits).

Here are the original top level domains (from
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Internet_top-level_domains ):

    .com
    .org
    .net
    .int
    .edu
    .gov
    .mil

This list does not include the many top-level domains by Country.

As you can see, there are many choices for well-moneyed organizations to
choose from. Until now, ".ORG" has been the only truly affordable choice for
non-profits.

Please don't take that away from us. If you do, you will make it much harder
for tiny not-for-profit organizations to offer their much needed low-cost
services to other tiny organizations that need them.

Sincerely,

George Schiro