[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Really bad idea for non-profits

Keith (Opa) Eckhardt OpaKeith at eckhardts.com
Thu Apr 25 14:57:47 UTC 2019

I’m involved with five non-profits.  The one I manage has no paid employees and our only society expenses pay for domain names, website space, state fees, IRS fees, insurance and limited office supplies.  Every one of the five non-profits are focused on minimizing costs so that we can benefit those we help.

By raising the fees for .ORG domain names it will reduce the money we have to support our many different community projects.  There are many organizations who do their best to support non-profits to keep expenses as low as possible while you now propose to raise our fees.  Take a look at companies like Donor Box, Genesis, Google G Suite, Tech Soup and Zapier, then try to explain why you have no interest in helping us.

We are all about giving, but you now appear to be all about TAKING.  I suggest that you live up to your name of ICANN or change to ICANT when you raise our fees.  I’d love to have a guaranteed 10% raise in income every year. I encourage you to be extremely content with what you already have.

Opa Keith Eckhardt
Chief Executive Director, The Barbershop Hobby Singers Partnership
https://www.bbshobby.org
Barbershop Harmony is the cure for the common chord
If you live without making a difference, what difference does it make that you have lived?