[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Proposed changes to domain price caps

Simon West simon at wordforest.org
Thu Apr 25 14:41:08 UTC 2019

Dear icann

As a charity registered with a dot org domain name, it worries me a great
deal that you intend removing the 10% limit on price increases. This could
impose a significant extra cost on organisations which need every penny
they can get to use for good purposes. If we were easily able to shop
around, that would be different because market forces would determine the
price. Once registered, we are absolutely tied in to a domain, so we have
no choice if you allow PIR unlimited increases.

Please don't do this.

Kind regards
--
*Simon West FRSA*
*Managing Director*

<https://www.wordforest.org/>
Please join Give As You Live and help us raise money at zero cost to
yourself!
<https://www.giveasyoulive.com/refer/R9UvZgs1jHFKlO3FZoT2rA7anUq9NNQ-3D>

--
The Word Forest Organisation <https://www.wordforest.org/> is registered
with the Charity Commission in England, Charity No. 1172497