[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Continue 10% (or less) price increase cap per year

Isabel Buchanan Arellano ib.arellano at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 14:51:37 UTC 2019

To Whom It May Concern,

It is extremely important that you continue (or reduce) the price increase
cap percentage per year of .org domains to remain at 10% or less. I
understand that increases may need to occur from time to time, but this
should not be unregulated to whatever price increase the Public Interest
Registry (PIR) feels is appropriate. We all know that this could
potentially mean huge price increases, which would negatively impact small
businesses and those who already may be challenged to have website
access/ownership. In other words, the likely consequences are that those
who need the most help and have the least access to website
access/ownership would be negatively impacted.

I feel strongly that the same or similar contract with the PIR needs to
remain in place regarding restrictions on the price increases that the PIR
can set. Allowing the PIR to set prices to whatever they want is extremely
dangerous to consumer. Please, keep consumers and clients in mind as you
move forward in decision making with your contract with the PIR.

I am a small business owner, and a website is absolutely crucial for my
success. We are at a point in time when websites are extremely crucial for
all business. Gone are the days that you don't need such an important tool,
or can get by without one. Please put the restrictions in place so that the
common person can continue to access these important tools, by keeping
prices affordable. Unrestricted price increases and changes could mean that
sites are too expensive to run for many people, which would mean businesses
and people suffering.

Again, I urge you to move forward with consumers in mind.

Thank you,

Isabel Buchanan