[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Proposed Renewal of .org Registry Agreement

Jordan Mills jm201706 at outlook.com
Fri Apr 26 19:38:57 UTC 2019

I am a .org registrant in the capacity of a volunteer for a non-profit organization on a shoestring budget.

Increasing price caps on legacy TLDs, especially those that would have a significant impact to non-profit and all volunteer organizations is completely unacceptable.  I have seen no analysis or evidence that would justify a significant price increase, and I see no way that it would provide a benefit to registrants. Even the retail registrars seem to be opposed to it.  The only party that could benefit is a wholesaler looking to skim a greater cut off the cash flow.  Again, any significant increase in costs is unacceptable, and complete removal of price caps is out of the question.

Jordan Mills