[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Proposed Renewal of .org Registry Agreement

Joseph Papke joe at classicalactorsensemble.org
Fri Apr 26 19:50:24 UTC 2019

I am a longtime .org domain name registrant.

Removing price caps is not fair to .org domain owners. Many of us have
established websites that we have used for years. If price caps are
removed, the cost to renew our domain names may become too expensive and
we could be forced to give up established URLs that are indispensable to
our organizations.

ICANN appears to be entirely catering to registries by removing price
caps. On the contrary, ICANN should be doing more to protect owners of
.org domain names. We are not-for-profit organizations committed to
public service; green-lighting this form of extortion would be
reprehensible and immoral.

--
Joseph Papke
Artistic Director