[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Non-profit websites

Adam Gianforte adam at collectivechicago.org
Thu Apr 25 15:41:28 UTC 2019

To whom it may concern,

I am the cofounder of a small nonprofit in Chicago that offers young
at-risk men transitional housing as they seek employment and learn life
skills. Our website is a key tool that we have to communicate our mission
and receive donations. We are a small organization and operate on a tight
budget. Any significant price increases would pose serious challenges for
us.

I'll admit that I am not well-versed in internet legislation or the other
factors at play, but I ask that organizations like ours be taken into
consideration in decisions about price caps on domain names. If legal
changes are made that result in price increases, perhaps there could be an
exemption provision for 501(c)(3) organizations?

Thank you,
Adam Gianforte
Collective Chicago
adam at collectivechicago.org