[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Against the changes proposed in the.org agreement renewal

Youth Ministry ymstmichaelstpeter at syrdio.org
Thu Apr 25 15:51:49 UTC 2019

Dear ICANN,

.         I am a .org registrant and a non-profit organization.

.         I oppose the incorporation of the URS into the .org renewal
agreement.

.         Legacy domain name extensions should not be treated the same as
the new gTLDs.

.         Removing price caps on .org is a bad idea.

.         ICANN should be looking out for the .org registrants, in
particular the non-profits.

I heard the URS is very new and is being reviewed now to see if it is
working properly. It is too soon to include an untested policy on .org
domains where for a few hundred dollars anyone could try to shut down
someone else's website.

Allowing the .org registry to charge any price it wants for renewing a
domain name is not a good idea. They could try to force the domain owners to
pay a very high price each year to renew their domain name, and if the
domain owner is unable to afford the increase, the .org registry could take
away their domain name, and try to find someone who is willing to pay a high
price for it. This is very unfair to non-profit, long time .org domain
owners who may depend on reasonable expenses to reach their supporters,
members, and/or users.

It is my understanding; .org was created specifically for non-profit or
not-for-profit organizations who have limited financial support. Allowing
the option for huge price increases from one year to the next could
dramatically affect these organizations. .Org has been working well for
decades where the prices maybe go up a little bit each year.

I respectfully ask you to reconsider your proposal of allowing PIR to set
whatever prices it wants.

With respect, peace and blessings,

Stephanie

Stephanie Stewart