[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Removing .org pricing caps is a dangerous idea

D Wieringa dwjm at oursmall.net
Thu Apr 25 15:52:40 UTC 2019

I agree with others that removing increase caps is a bad and dangerous idea.

I don't see any value in treating new and legacy operators the same when
the TLD's are intended for different purposes.  It's not clear to me
what actual problems are trying to be solved.

Removal of price caps without fair competition creates a monopoly. I
don't see how that serves the purpose of the .org domains names.

It's always been my understanding that the .org domains were for
non-profits, not-for-profits...the general service of public
good...rather than business/profit.  As such they should be protected
and kept available for those purposes.

I myself have run a .org site which I setup to serve others at my own
expense.

David Wieringa