[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] .org use in Developing countries -- removing cap would cause undue burden

Vincent Dawans dawansv at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 16:05:57 UTC 2019

I am writing to share my concern regarding the removal of price caps on the
.org domain.

As an international development practitioner, I know first hand that many
social organizations in the developing world use the .org domain. In some
developing countries, country level domains can be unreliable in their
management or difficult to obtain, and for years local NGO's have been
advised to use .org domain names to benefit from the good governance and
price stability their provide.

Remove this cap would but an undue burden on organizations that are already
functioning on restricted budgets in difficult situations.

Sincerely,

Vincent Dawans
Virtue Ventures LLC