[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Comment regarding Proposed Renewal of .org Registry Agreement

Zachary Herz-Roiphe zachhr at bailproject.org
Thu Apr 25 16:34:31 UTC 2019

To Whom it May Concern:

I am the Chief Financial Officer of a US 501(c)(3) organization called The
Bail Project.  I am writing to advocate against the proposed changes to the
Registry Agreement which would remove the cap on prices for .org domains.
Many non-profit organizations, including my own, would have to expend more
valuable resources to register our domain names (and other, similar ones)
if this change were to go through.  It is in the public interest that these
dollars are spent on our mission and those of other, similarly situated
organizations - not on increased fees for domain name registrations.  I
urge you not to remove the price cap on .org domain names.

Regards,
Zachary Herz-Roiphe

--
<http://bailproject.org/>