[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Proposed price cap provisions for .org gTLD

Alberto Gaitán softobjects at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 16:44:49 UTC 2019

On behalf of some of the non-profits I consult for I want to protest the
proposed elimination of the price cap provisions for the .org gTLD. Whereas
it may not affect existing domains, the fact that new organizations will
now be subject to potentially predatory capitalism to stake their claim on
the WWW is distressing. ICANN's role in this should be protective of the
common good and not only of the interests of corporations and speculators
who would now be able to increase their fees exponentially.

Alberto Gaitán
Washington, DC
United States of America