[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] possible .org pricing changes

Spinney spinney1 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 16:54:09 UTC 2019

I am the volunteer webmaster for quite a few non-profit organizations
working in the areas of social justice and environmental sustainability. I
volunteer my time because they simply lack the funds to pay me. Given the
current trend, particularly in the U. S.. of concentrating wealth in the
hands of the few, fundraising is increasingly challenging. Many fine
organizations struggle to stay afloat, and their web presence is key to
their very survival. Increasing their cost of maintaining that web presence
would mean that, at the very least, they would have less money available to
do their valuable work, such as raising public awareness about many
critical issues, protecting species from extinction, cleaning up pollution,
and helping to feed the hungry.  Rather than price increases, please
consider *reducing* the price of .org domains.