[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Please do not lift caps on price increases for .org domains

Matthew Boomhower mreb78 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 21:48:16 UTC 2019

Good day. Non-profits and private citizens hoping to advance positive
social causes who register .org domains will be harmed by the proposed
deregulation of price increases. This will limit the power of the internet
to facilitate communication to advance positive social change and empower
the individual to have a voice on the global stage. It's frightening to
think that such a powerful platform for democratization of communication
could be eroded by allowing for unregulated 'pricing out' of non-profits
and individuals by private interests. Despite the draw of capitalist
success, we all have ethical and moral obligations to our fellow humans and
need to draw the line somewhere. When the ability of the internet to act as
an empowering social forum declines, other means will arise. We love the
internet for what it is. An equalizer and amplifier of the individual voice.