[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] please do not take off caps on price increases

mam at maryalicemurphy.com mam at maryalicemurphy.com
Thu Apr 25 17:24:24 UTC 2019

Many of us who use .org in our domain names, do so because we ARE an organization, but not always a non-profit organization.

Letting domain prices rise to an unsustainable level for small, struggling organizations, would be a disservice to those who seek information that we have been able to provide on the Internet at a reasonable price.

Right now, I am the webmaster of a small organization that has $346 in its bank account. If prices rise to levels above what they are now, the website, which provides information to thousands of people, will have to be discontinued.

Please do NOT let the so-named Public Interest Registry set whatever prices it wants. Obviously this PIR is NOT working in the public interest if it skyrockets its prices. It is being greedy.

At least keep the cap of 10 percent a year.

Thanks,
Mary Alice Murphy
webmaster for two .orgs