[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Price Increases for.org domains

Andrew Cook andrew at handsonhouses.com
Fri Apr 26 22:39:58 UTC 2019

Hi,

As a small nonprofit we rely on our .org domain which has been licensed for a number of years already. Changing domains would be nearly impossible. But so would paying a hugely increased annual reg fee.  I would suggest a cap on .org domain pricing for renewals of already-registered domains to protect small organizations who could neither afford to pay huge price increases nor give up the domain they currently use. Perhaps uncapped domains for new registrations might work well side-by-side with this … if there is some valid objective in allowing the registrar to make more income.

Thanks,
Andrew Cook
Equip Foundation