[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] .Org Domain Price Increases Will Be A Disaster

Brandon Warner amazingdealscompany at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 17:44:24 UTC 2019

At a time of record income and wealth inequality where the internet is one
of the last places where we still have some equality and resemblance of
democracy, to go ahead and lift price caps on domain names and let the
greedy capitalists, who would effectively have a monopoly on the .Org
domain, have a free for all would be a major betrayal to regular people
trying to build and maintain their online projects.

We should be working to find ways to lower prices for domain names and
hosting services, not increasing prices. This will lead to a massive
backlash and just intensify the class warfare that is already on the rise.

Don't unleash the greed. Do the right thing.

Regards,

Brandon Warner