[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Oppose Removal of Price Cap for .Org TLD

PJ Bellomo pjbellomo at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 17:54:35 UTC 2019

To Whom It May Concern:

I oppose removal of the price cap associated with ".Org" TLD. For clarity,
I want to acknowledge that I specifically have read and oppose the
following:

In alignment with the base registry agreement, the price cap provisions in
the current .org agreement, which limited the price of registrations and
allowable price increases for registrations, are removed from the .org
renewal agreement. Protections for existing registrants will remain in
place, in line with the base registry agreement. This change will not only
allow the .org renewal agreement to better conform with the base registry
agreement, but also takes into consideration the maturation of the domain
name market and the goal of treating the Registry Operator equitably with
registry operators of new gTLDs and other legacy gTLDs utilizing the base
registry agreement

The .org TLD holds a unique status within the world of TLDs and the broader
internet ecosystem. A logician could argue that not-for-profits could
cluster around another TLD. Such an argument would fail the sniff test.

PJ Bellomo <https://www.linkedin.com/in/pjbellomo>