[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Org renewal - don't raise our fees!

Mike Pasche basic-mike at pasche.net
Thu Apr 25 18:34:18 UTC 2019

ICANN,

As an "end user" domain registrant, I request that you do not remove the
price cap provisions as you are proposing.  Most of the group that use .org
domains are non-profits with small budgets for donation registration
services.  Allowing wholesalers to arbitrarily change the price of these
domains could have disastrous consequences for their ability to maintain a
digital presence, conduct fundraising, and communicate with our
stakeholders.

There is no reason that the structure for these domains has to be
equivalent to that for other new top level domains.  These are very
different due to how long they have been around, the nature of the end
users, and the fact that they were asking the original domains.

Thank you for your consideration.

Mike Pasche