[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Public Comment on .org registry agreement

Ian Wilson me at ianwilson.org
Fri Apr 26 23:20:45 UTC 2019

I've owned ianwilson.org for 13+ years -- it's become where I share my
thoughts, host my mail, and store many, many, many memories over the years.

My email address -- me @ ianwilson.org is synonymous with personal
self-expression.  I usually get a "That's a really neat email!" and, "Oh!
That makes sense" when I tell people my email address.

Removing the price cap would ultimately lead to an (what I can only assume
as) astronomic price escalation when businesses want to maximize profits.

You might as, "Ian, why don't you move to a .name?"  Simply put:  I've had
this identity for 13+ years -- I have no desire to change my domain to a
.name (or any other extension, honestly).

While I have no problems with businesses generating profit, I look at
non-profits with limited donations, retirees (yes, there *are* tech
retirees) with fixed incomes, and clubs with minimal memberships as an
obstacle to obtaining a unique web identity.

Please consider leaving the price caps in place for non-profits,
individuals, and clubs who are registrants of .org domains.

Thank you for allowing me to comment on this issue;

Ian Wilson