[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] renewal of .org domain names

Phil Wallas philip.wallas at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 03:10:15 UTC 2019

Please consider continuing with a reasonable cap on price increases for
renewal of .org domains rather than eliminating the current cap. I'm on the
board of a small (40 member) homeowners association which has registered a
.org domain. We have very low dues and a very small budget. We shop for the
best price for our web services, from domain name to hosting service. If
Public Interest Registry is unable to achieve financial stability at current
rates, I can understand an increase, but not an open-ended, no cap
situation. Transparency about finances would help me understand the need for
higher fees, but it's good for most institutions to operate with careful
budgeting rather than open-ended price increase capability.

Thanks,

Philip Wallas
Philip.wallas at gmail.com