[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Unlimited Price increase proposal for PIR .org domain names

Bryon Dolan bryondolan at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 27 16:16:42 UTC 2019

Dear ICANN directors,

I am just now hearing about this proposed change to your policies
regarding removing the PRICE PROTECTIONS for PIR and specifically the
.org DOMAINS from a current rate of NO MORE than 10% a year increase, to
WHATEVER increase the PIR wants. I find that this is probably driven by
big corporate businesses that have influenced all of you in someway for
you to even consider such a change to your policies. The
commercialization of the Internet over the last 20 years has happened
due to people like you that have protected the freedoms and
affordability to the masses but now you seem to be letting your guard
down. Please don't allow this change to happen as it will affect small
businesses such as myself that are doing everything we can to remain
profitable but now face another threat of ever increasing prices that
simply cannot be passed onto our customers.

Thank you,

Bryon Dolan