[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Proposed Renewal of .org Registry Agreement

Lev Veyde lveyde at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 17:17:25 UTC 2019

Hi, I’m writing to let you know that like many others, I also OBJECT
to the terms of the new .org registry agreement.

And like many others who voiced their concern before me - my main
concern is related to the removal of price caps for the org TLD, but I
would voice the same concerns for other TLD’s as well.

Since .org is typically used for non-profits and the like, removing
the price cap would be especially detrimental.
It’s rare that deregulation of price ceilings leads to lower prices
for consumers.
Having a monopoly service provider without having regulated price cap
is a known path to having the price spiral out of the control.

Thanks in advance,
Lev Veyde.