[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] BAD IDEA!

ahsan ejaz ahsanejaz26 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 08:38:26 UTC 2019

Domains don’t work on the principle of free market. I think its important to understand that .org, .com and other legacy TLD’s should have a stable pricing.
The free market wont work in this case because the general majority of the users of the Internet users do not understand how it works. When your domain has say “RedCross.org” in it people will always go to the .org extension and its impossible to rebrand easily. The domain name is the permanent organization identity on the internet.

I can say it with 100% certainty that it will only have a very negative impact on the health of the Internet. There are already too many gtld’s and that make’s it confusing. The legacy ones are the most important ones and will always be.

I as a user of the Internet platform and a developers of products and tools that work on the Internet, think that it’s a wrong direction we’re going it move in if we proceed with it.

Regards,
Ahsan

Sent from Mail for Windows 10