[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Please do not remove price caps from .org domains

nm.public at fea.st nm.public at fea.st
Sun Apr 28 09:26:59 UTC 2019

I purchased a .org domain because I believed it would have a stable price in the future. I have begun building a reputation at that domain and have email addresses there that would be prohibitively difficult to transfer to another domain.

There is no benefit for me if I can be charged more to renew my .org domain just because other gTLDs that I explicitly chose not to purchase from are able to set rates as they see fit. Price stability was a primary factor in my choice of my domain name TLD.

Please do not remove the price caps and stability of .org domains.

See http://www.circleid.com/posts/20190423_spurious_justifications_for_eliminating_caps_on_legacy_domains/ for an article supporting my position.

Thank you.