[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] CORRECTION Proposed Renewal of .org Registry Agreement

Myhelp Book myhelpbc at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 14:50:29 UTC 2019

As a domain name registrant, I oppose ICANN’s proposed changes to legacy
TLDs that will subject them to unlimited price increases with no maximums.

I agree with others who express great concern about this and who oppose the
proposed changes. Specifically:

-Registrants of legacy TLDs need price stability and should not be subject
to price increases with no maximums.

-Unrestrained price increases on millions non-profits and not-for-profits
.org registrants will have an unpredictable and negative impact.

-Unchecked price increases means hundreds of millions of dollars
transferred from these organizations to the Internet Society. The .org
registrants would receive no benefit in return.

-ICANN should not allow funds from many non-profits to flow to just one
non-profit.

-ICANN must not remove price caps in order to cater to registries.

-ICANN must represent what is best for the public interest and registrants.

-ICANN must protect price stability for legacy domains in order that
millions of long-term established registrants can continue to expect
stable, affordable and predictable domain expenses and not unexpected price
increases with no limit. .

- The proposed change to legacy TLDs will NOT do what is best for the
public interest.

Sincerely,

C. A. L'Hirondelle

Livableincome.org