[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Keep Registration Costs Stable

Modern Voracity remington at modernvoracity.com
Sun Apr 28 15:41:33 UTC 2019

As the owner/operator of a website design company I represent the voices of 32 organizations that would be affected by the removal of price protections for TLDs like .org.

Many of the organizations that I work with have limited resources to operate, and an uncontrolled increase in the costs of registration could force many organizations to abandon their own website presence and restrict them to moving to a closed platform like Facebook.

As you might be able to imagine, this would negatively affect the thousands of community members who rely on the information and services provided through dedicated websites.

If you adopt the URS policy of unrestricted price increases you are making a statement that only wealthy organizations should be allowed to own a .org website. You would be disproportionally hurting little organizations that struggle to stay afloat in order to help the members of their community.

Please keep .org (and all legacy TLD) prices under control.

Sincerely,

Remington Phillips, Owner
Modern Voracity LLC