[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Irony: ICANN Can't Make a Valid Form

Jeremy Walker jeremy.walker at bloc.io
Sun Apr 28 15:47:10 UTC 2019

Hey Guys,

Your comment submission form doesn't work; you click "Continue" and nothing
happens.  As a developer I was able to check the console for errors and saw:

mail_form:18 Mixed Content: The page at '
https://www.icann.org/public-comments/org-renewal-2019-03-18-en/mail_form'
was loaded over a secure connection, but contains a form that targets an
insecure endpoint 'mailto:comments-org-renewal-18mar19 at icann.org'. This
endpoint should be made available over a secure connection.

I normally wouldn't say this but ... c'mon, you guys are ICANN!  You should
understand the difference between (and issues with mixing) HTTP and HTTPS.
And you definitely should test your own forms with a modern browser like
Chrome.

Sincerely,
Jeremy Walker

P.S. The reason I came to the form in the first place was to say that
raising the prices on TLDs is a horrible idea that will be as bad as your
idea for to let .xxx extort everyone.  Probably worse: that only hurt
owners of major trademarks, whereas this will hurt the entire Internet,
especially the poorer users.