[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Price Cap

TOMCC Admin and Memberships admin at tomcc.org
Sun Apr 28 15:51:37 UTC 2019

Hi.

The Triumph Owners' Motor Cycle Club is a not-for-profit international organisation that has invested a considerable amount of time from its volunteers to build up the reputation and visibility of the tomcc.org domain worldwide. As a not-for-profit organisation we can't afford the potentially substantial increases in domain name costs if the existing price cap were to be removed. If the price cap were to be removed and the domain name prices increase substantially then we would be forced to switch to a different domain name at the cost of all the time and effort our volunteers have put in. We are not a commercial company and only operate to bring likeminded individuals together on behalf of our Members through the hard work of unpaid volunteers. We specifically chose tomcc.org because we were (and still are) a worldwide not-for-profit organisation. We feel that the price cap is fair and just, and allows not-for-profit organisations to gain much needed traction on the internet which would otherwise be swamped by large commercial companies who can afford to buy up tranches of domain names. The internet should be for everyone, not for those who have the most money to spend.

Regards,
Laurence Mee
TOMCC Webmaster / Vice President