[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Proposed Renewal of .org Registry Agreement

Ted Chang hongzhawo at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 20:32:40 UTC 2019

I'm a domain name registrant. While I don't own a .org domain, I do
feel that I need to voice out regarding this matter.

I'll get straight to the point. 1st of all, there are huge amounts of
charities using a .org domain for their cause. Are you telling all
these charities to spend the donations they received to cover the
increasing costs of an .org domain instead of using these donations to
help people? Are you willing to allow registrars to simply increase
the prices of .org excessively, while knowing that for each dollar
they increase will mean less resources to help people? Less food
bought to feed the starving? And therefore more people dying out of
starvation??

As for URS, what are you people even thinking, enforcing this on .org
owners?? Are charities supposed to spend more of their donated money
just to acquire AND maintain trademarks?? If you are a donor of any
charity and found out that your donated money is being mostly spent on
maintaining an expensive .org domain and trademarks instead of helping
people, how would you feel?

ICANN was and should be meant for the people, not for rich
corporations who just wants to satisfy their own insatiable desire for
more and more power and money.