[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Proposed Renewal of .org Registry Agreement

Michael Trachtenberg mstrachtenberg at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 28 20:56:40 UTC 2019

I have owned a .org domain since 2004, which I use for a vBulletin forum focused on a New Jersey, USA community. It generates no revenue.

My registrar recently advised me that ICANN proposes to eliminate the price cap on .org domains. Plain and simple, given a large enough price increase it will no longer be financially viable to retain the domain.

I urge ICANN to preserve the existing cap. Thank you.