[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Proposed Renewal of .org Registry Agreement

marek@mapywig marek at mapywig.org
Mon Apr 29 08:51:02 UTC 2019

I have an .org registered domain.
For the last 12 years I have provided free and unrestricted access to
archival mapping material which is (relatively) v. popular. I spend my own
money  and time to travel round the world to acquire (scan) and process this
material and make it available. I am seriously concerned that with the price
cap removed, my domain will be up for grabs to the highest bidder, who will
promptly turn it into a link farm for quick, if short-lived profit. This is
NOT what the "org" was meant to be for and, therefore, I strongly oppose
plans to remove the cap.

Sincerely,

Marek Zielinski
mapywig.org