[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Please do not lift .org TLD price cap

MRW Web Design info at mrwweb.com
Mon Apr 29 17:11:25 UTC 2019

Hello,

I am a web designer who works exclusively with nonprofit organizations in
the United States. Nearly every one of these organizations relies on a
cheap, affordable .org domain name to support their work. Many of the
organizations I serve are small organizations with limited resources. For
these organizations, money spent on technology is money not spent on
serving people and improving the world.

While I do understand that existing domains will remain at existing renewal
prices, many organizations change their names, roll out specific campaigns,
or otherwise incur needs for new .org domains. That is also to say nothing
of the many yet-to-be-founded organizations that will seek to improve the
environment, poverty, education, health, and more.

The .org TLD--along with .ngo and .ong--must continue to receive special
treatment with limited cost as a service to the donor-funded organizations
seeking to improve the world. The organizations and their domains serve a
unique social purpose that .com, .net, .biz, .plumber, and other TLDs are
not intended to serve.

*I hope you will recognize the unique social purpose of the .org domain and
NOT remove the price cap.*

Thank You,
-Mark

Mark Root-Wiley (he/him)
*MRW Web Design <https://mrwweb.com> & Nonprofit WP
<https://nonprofitwp.org>*
*Thoughtful Websites for Nonprofits & Mission-Driven Organizations*

info at mrwweb.com | 206-745-2581

*Need to send me a password? Please use PWPush.com <http://PWPush.com>!*