[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] .org renewal comment - AGAINST removal of price caps

Royce Williams royce at tycho.org
Mon Apr 29 17:21:47 UTC 2019

I can't comment better than Quincy Larson did, who exactly mirrors my
opinion and feedback here:

Quincy Larson  @ossia

*Imagine a world where it cost thousands of dollars for nonprofits to renew
their domain names each year.*

*This is money that isn't going to their missions. *

*Instead it's all just going to some monopoly that won a bid back in 2002.*

I urge ICANN to leave the caps in place. This will ensure that the PIR
continues to fulfill the "Public Interest" part of their name.

--
Royce Williams
Anchorage, AK