[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] I oppose the removal of the price cap

Paul Pliska paul at manauser.info
Tue Apr 30 00:02:23 UTC 2019

I oppose the removal of the price cap. I think the Registry Operator for
older domains, in particular .org, are in a unique position which can't
be compared to newer "vanity" TLDs. The .org TLD is a de facto standard,
and any non-profit is expected to have one, it remains a popular choice
for hobbyists and such as well. As such it's something of a monopoly and
I don't think we can trust the market handle this one, it needs a little
more regulation, fitting it's unique position.