[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] ORG renewal

Alexander Rao alexhrao at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 14:36:18 UTC 2019

I think it's important to remember that most domains aren't owned by large
corporations - they're owned by people like me. I am a college student with
very little money to my name. Having a .org domain helps me learn more
about the internet, about security, about what runs our modern world. If
this proposal would cause rates to skyrocket, that would cause thousands of
people like me to lose access to such a valuable resource.

I hope ICANN keeps this in mind during deliberations.

Alex