[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Removal of price cap

Herm Baskerville suitov at gmail.com
Thu May 9 09:29:11 UTC 2019

I own .com, .net and .org addresses through a registrar.  *I object in the
strongest possible terms* to the idea of removing the price cap for
domains.  The current limit of 10% inflation is reasonable.  Unlimited
prices are not.  *Please reconsider this urgently* because it would have
severe effects on the democratisation of the web, which is already under
threat.  I do not trust PIR to behave reasonably, even if it promises to,
and nor should anyone.  *Prices must continue to be carefully regulated to
ensure an open, fair, free web.*

Thank you

HB