[Comments-proposal-future-rz-ksk-rollovers-01nov19] Feedback on the proposal for root zone KSK changes

Erwin Lansing erwin at dk-hostmaster.dk
Wed Jan 29 13:22:16 UTC 2020

Thank you for this concise and considered proposal.  I support its adoption.

As stated on previous occasions, to me the most important requirements of a rollover plan for the root zone KSK is for it to be periodic and predictable.  The proposal delivers on both accounts.  I also agree that a 3 year period strikes the right balance between being regular enough, while not adding too much strain on affected parties, from DNS operators to software vendors and integrators.

Others have commented on not including an algorithm rollover.  I would rather agree that algorithm rollover not be part of the current document, but would suggest ICANN to start working on a plan, with the community, for rolling the root zone KSK algorithm once the proposed plan is adopted, and not delay adoption of the rollover plan.

Med venlig hilsen / Best regards

Erwin Lansing
Head of Security & Chief Technologist

DK Hostmaster A/S . Ørestads Boulevard 108, 11. sal . 2300 København S
+45 3364 6058 . erwin at dk-hostmaster.dk . www.dk-hostmaster.dk

This is an email from DK Hostmaster A/S. This message may contain confidential information and is intended solely for the use of the intended addressee. If you are not the intended addressee, please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail from your system.