[Comments-reference-lgrs-second-level-24aug20] Comment on Reference Label Generation Rulesets (LGRs) for the Second Level

Pitinan Kooarmornpatana pitinan.koo at icann.org
Thu Oct 15 15:13:08 UTC 2020

The following comment is being submitted on behalf of Bill Jouris.

Regards,

Pitinan

<Comment>

I note that there are several cases where we identify as variants the ASCII numerals and the code points which are used as numerals in various scripts.  But there are also other code points in various scripts, which are not used as numbers, but which are visually variants of an ASCII numeral.  To take just a couple of examples:

- Numeral 0 (Unicode 0030)  and  Ethiopic Syllable Pharyngeal A ዐ (Unicode 12D0)

- Numeral 3 (Unicode 0033)  and  Latin Small Letter Ezh ʒ (Unicode 0292)

No doubt the authors can identify a variety of other cases, once they start looking.

</Comment>