[Comments-strategic-plan-20dec18] NRO comments on Draft ICANN Strategic Plan for Fiscal Years 2021 - 2025

Alan Barrett alan.barrett at afrinic.net
Mon Feb 11 13:53:22 UTC 2019

The Regional Internet Registries (RIRs) offer this comment on the Draft ICANN Strategic Plan for Fiscal Years 2021 - 2025.

In carrying out any activities related to Internet number resources, we believe that ICANN should coordinate and collaborate with the RIRs.

We have identified the following strategic goals as being related to Internet number resources.  We request that ICANN’s strategic plan be amended to reflect that work on these goals with respect to Internet Number Resources should be coordinated with the RIRs.

3.1 Encourage readiness for Universal Acceptance, IDN implementation, and IPv6 by increasing awareness to enable more end users to use the Internet.

3.2 Improve understanding of and responsiveness to new technologies by greater engagement with industry, academia, standards development organizations, and other relevant parties.

3.3 Continue to deliver and enhance the IANA functions with operational excellence.

Regards,

Alan Barrett
NRO Chair