[Comments-udrp-provider-16nov18] Re CIIDRC

Wotherspoon, David david.wotherspoon at dentons.com
Tue Nov 20 04:35:47 UTC 2018

I’ve been involved in online domain name disputes since the earliest days of the UDRP and later the CDRP.  I’m told I had the first win for a Respondent (over thyme.com) but I have never checked.  Before the UDRP I obtained return of chicagobulls.com for the NBA.  That’s just a couple of examples to say, I’ve been around for a while.

I was saddened when Canada’s UDRP registrar, if I recall correctly eResolution out of Montreal, closed shop.  It left a gap and limited options, limited choices.  I am delighted to see that Canada International Internet Dispute Resolution Centre’s proposal is being considered.  I am quite familiar with the organization, having been a panelist on many CDRP disputes through the BCICAC.  I wholly endorse and support the proposal.

[http://logo.dentons.com/dentons_logo.png]

David Wotherspoon
Partner

D +1 604 691 6429
david.wotherspoon at dentons.com<mailto:david.wotherspoon at dentons.com>
Bio<http://www.dentons.com/ch.aspx?email=david.wotherspoon@dentons.com&action=biolink>   |    Website<http://www.dentons.com>

Dentons Canada LLP
20th Floor, 250 Howe Street Vancouver, BC V6C 3R8 Canada

Hamilton Harrison & Mathews > Mardemootoo Balgobin > HPRP > Zain & Co. > Delany Law > Dinner Martin > Maclay Murray & Spens > Gallo Barrios Pickmann > Muñoz > Cardenas & Cardenas > Lopez Velarde > Rodyk > Boekel > OPF Partners > 大成

This professional practises through a Law Corporation.

Dentons is a global legal practice providing client services worldwide through its member firms and affiliates. This email may be confidential and protected by legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, disclosure, copying, distribution and use are prohibited; please notify us immediately and delete this email from your systems. To update your commercial electronic message preferences email dentonsinsightsca at dentons.com or visit our website. Please see dentons.com for Legal Notices.