[Comments-udrp-provider-16nov18] Canadian International Internet Dispute Resolution Centre (CIIDRC and BCICAC)--Domain Name Disputes

Richard Levin richard at richardlevinarbitration.com
Fri Nov 30 20:11:16 UTC 2018

Dear Sirs or Mesdames,

I write in my capacity as a full-time independent arbitrator and a member of the BCICAC panel of international arbitrators and domain name dispute arbitrators. While at my previous employment as a senior partner at Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld, I was involved in a major ICANN case regarding the Mideast Gulf region, which you likely are aware. I understand the CIIDRC would be only the second approved dispute resolution service provider for ICANN in the Western Hemisphere. On its face, this makes sense, and is something ICANN should remedy to bring healthy competition in this area. The Institution (CIIDRC) clearly has the capability to handle these disputes expeditiously and with fairness as well as in an online context, should that present itself.

My dealings with the British Columbia International Commercial Arbitration Centre (BCICAC) have been uniformly favorable; their reputation in the arbitration circles is excellent. I fully support Canada International Internet Dispute Resolution Centre's (CIIDRC) proposal to serve as an approved dispute-resolution service provider. I encourage ICANN to respond positively to their application.

Please feel free to contact me directly at the number below or by email should you have questions.

Richard C Levin
Richard Levin Arbitration LLC
Dallas - London
Mobile - 1.214.675.4502