[community-finance] FY16 Budget - Community calls on public comment submitted

Xavier J. Calvez xavier.calvez at icann.org
Wed Apr 29 04:50:01 UTC 2015

Dear all,

The FY16 Draft Operating plan and Budget is under public comment until the 1st of May (this coming Friday).

We are offering to hold community calls during which the comments submitted by 1 May will be presented by the submitters to ICANN Staff, in order to enhance the understanding of the comments, and thus supporting an improved response quality.

This is a suggested step that addresses community feedback received in the past and addresses ATRT2 recommendations (#12.1 and #12.5).

Each call will be public, focused on 1 organization having submitted comments, and will be attended by at least 1 Board Finance Committee member (see list below). Additional board members may attend based on availability.

The Staff and Board members attending will primarily LISTEN and ASK clarifying questions as needed. It is not expected that responses to public comments will be provided during these calls, unless the comments are factual with a very specific and simple answer.

A call will be scheduled with the following organizations, assuming that they will submit comments by 1 May. Tentative dates are from 6 May to 12 May, with the following designated Board Finance Committee member:

  *   At Large: Cherine Chalaby (additional Board member attending Rinalia Abdul-Rahim)
  *   ccNSO SOP WG: Chris Disspain
  *   GNSO BC/IPC/ISPCP: Asha Hemrajani
  *   GNSO Contracted parties: Gonzalo Navarro
  *   All others (NCSG, SSAC, RSSAC, individuals,...): Bruno Lanvin.

Doodle polls will be sent shortly to the chairs and members of these organizations, as well as BFC members, to identify a suitable time. Once scheduled, the calls date/time will be announced and published on our website for anyone interested to attend.

Please let Taryn and I know if you have any questions on the above process.
Thank you.
Best,
Xavier

Xavier Calvez