[council] Disconnected (partly off topic)

Marc Schneiders marc at schneiders.org
Thu Dec 4 21:05:22 UTC 2003

During our last teleconference I noticed that several people including
myself were disconnected after two hours, or, I think, a minute or two
less than two hours.

It did not come as a total surprise to me, since this happens to me
more often during normal phone calls to foreign countries using a
cheap carrier.

I am curious to why this is (I am guessing that cheap carriers have
leased lines per 2-hour periods of guarenteed connection or that they
pay less if they don't use a line over two hours) and whether this is
something worldwide.

If this will happen more often, it may be good not to have a vote
after exactly two hours.