[council] Re: [registrars] WHOIS Area 2 terms of reference (data collection and display)

Amadeu Abril i Abril Amadeu at abril.info
Mon Oct 27 23:10:10 UTC 2003

En/na Bruce Tonkin ha escrit:

> For review by the GNSO Council in Carthage.
>
> Title: Review of data collected and displayed
>
> Participants:
> - 1 representative from each constituency
> - ALAC liaison
> - GAC liaison
> - ccNSO liaison
> - SECSAC liaison
> - liaisons from other GNSO WHOIS task forces

Bruce and fellow GNSO Council members.

I think I will propose a small amendment to the proposed terms of
reference. The PDP establishes a TF composition based on consituency
representation. But not only constituency representation...

The fact is that I would personally like being considered for this
concrete TJ. No, I will never pretend that NomCom-appointed members are
a ort of new Constituency and should have representation everywhere.
It's certainly not the case. But this does not necessirily rule out our
participation in selected TFs when apprpriate.

The PDP provides for up to three seats for "experts". Well, I don't
claim to be an expert on this or anything else, but I submit my
application to you for this concrete TF, and propose that we use these
spots from time to time to have Demi, Alick or me in certain TFs if we
wish to volunteer and the Council sees merit in our participation there.

Amadeu, refraining from making a motion to outlaw for ever and ever
meetings before 8:30am ;-))