[council] NCUC top 5 UDRP issues
Mueller at syr.edu
Wed Sep 24 17:15:51 UTC 2003
This list was published and discussed on our constituency list but there was no formal vote. --MM
(4) Should the provider and panel selection processes be modified to
address concerns about potential conflicts of interest?
[This would include the problem of complainant selection of providers,
panel selection bias by providers, etc. ]
(5) Should standards for accrediting providers and panelists be
[there should be some way to de-accredit biased providers and
(8) Should the notice requirements be amended?
[Some feel that the notice requirements are too short. ]
(10) Should administrative panel decisions be subject to internal
[whether you agree or disagree with the appeal option, it
seems to be a high priority issue that needs to be resolved.]
(17) Should complainants be required to post a bond and/or pay a penalty
in order to deter "reverse domain-name hijacking"?
[there should be some deterrent to RDNH]
More information about the council