[council] WIPO-II

Alick Wilson alick.wilson at xendra.co.nz
Fri Dec 3 03:48:00 UTC 2004

Colleagues, I wonder if there is a case to be made for new sTLDs for
international intergovernmental organizations (say .igo) and countries (say
.country)?

While these would not deal directly with offending sites in the rest of the
gTLD namespace, it would at least provide a single official address for IGOs
and countries.

The concept could, of course, be extended to other sensitive types of name.

Am I right off track or does this have some merit?

Alick